Friday, February 6, 2009

Video from Jim!


Here's a video from Jim, who is at the park with Klaus and apparently having a good time!

New layout for the blog, was just bored, this way I can post bigger pictures.

Klaus was really sweet all day for me. I was up really early cleaning and journal-ing. I started a handwritten journal for Klaus to document his itty bitty years, I actually tried to do this while I was pregnant but kept losing the journals. I spent many hours on this one, writing and drawing to catch it up to present day. I summed up my pregnancy, the birth, the ICU stays all the way up until today at ten and a half months (!!!) as well as I could in 40 pages or so. My hand hurts, but I feel good that I'm finally starting it. It's something I can do when I'm tired or when Jim has his Klausie time (they are LOVING this park, the one I took the pictures at... it has a tiny little train that rides on a track all around it, two duck ponds, batting cages, a little carnival area thats open on weekends! Its really cool and nice to have nearby). I still have my dad's journals and they are probably my most prized material posession. I worry that I will put all this effort into it and Grown Up Klaus will think it's cheesy or something! I guess I will just have to work on raising a gracious young man who appreciates such things!

Anyhow, he was really sweet. He went to bed way too early after going to the pool yesterday. It was only a short while but it was colder than we thought it would be. His little teeth were chattering but he was laughing and splashing! We only stayed in a few minutes so that we didn't tease him with the pool, but it was enough to expend a lot of his energy I think. He woke up in the middle of the night smiling and cooing at me so I got up with him. He sat quietly and played with his blocks and ripped up some paper, generally leaving me to my chores and crafting. He was up (and happy to be awake, too) for a while before finally finishing off the evening's rest. He just kind of woke up in a good mood and stayed like that. I dread when the next tooth starts coming in. I am just head over heels for Sweet Lovey Klaus and feel so bad when he turns into Shrieking Not Happy Klaus.

I can't believe he is going to be a year old soon. I bought a couple of decorations and such for the party. My mom is flying out and we are going to make his cake ourselves. We don't know what we're making yet, I can't decide between a semi healthy vegetable (carrot, zucchini) cake or just a decent organic yellow cake. I think I will make a mini cake for him, and cupcakes for everyone else, and probably get a fruit or veggie tray, whatever looks good. I'm sure people will come and go as they can, most of them are juggling kids, but it will be so nice to be able to share the day with friends. We have come so far since he was born. So much has happened, we have grown so much. I see pictures of him as a newborn and I can barely remember him being so small. I remember being terrified of someone dropping him, and not letting anybody hold him LOL and now he is so rough and tumble! Its hard to believe he was ever so small and fragile.

I love him so much. Hope they're having a good time! Back to making filet mignon (Woohoo sale!) and doing the laundry. :)

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Emersen had a mini cake and we had cupcakes for her birthday.

It was easier, and no dishes!