Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aw, Shawn... such a party pooper!

Jim put me up to it, I swear.

Last night (uh, tonight) has been rather rough. I have been up all night. Just when I was about to drift off the first time, Klaus woke up screaming and crying, I turned on the light to check him over... flipped the poor kid this way and that, no ouchies that I could see. He was still screaming and biting me when I tried to nurse him. Finally after five minutes or so I rocked him to sleep but it was just heartbreaking to hear him whimper at his dreams with his long eyelashes clumped together with tears. I guess he had a nightmare... makes you wonder what one year olds dream about!

We leave for St. Louis tomorrow so somehow I have to stay awake, do all the laundry, and pack our two suitcases (and hope I can find one for Klaus too, he needs his own now) all while keeping an eye on a very whiny needy Klaus. Our washing machine has been broken for two days (well really the whole time we've lived here but they seem to try to pass the blame on EVERYTHING and then no apologies when we're right every time...) and the laundry has really piled up, plus I have to make the decision on how many diapers to bring and whether or not to use disposables at some point and argh- no wonder I'm awake!

Well, I hope Klaus gets some rest anyway.

Yesterday I introduced him to goat's milk and he really likes it! For breakfast he had a "shotglass" of goats milk, some greek yogurt, a pancake, and some egg. For lunch he had milk since he was late on his nap, and for dinner he had mostly rice. I need to run out and get him some fruit, I got him some dried bananas for the plane ride(s) so I dont want to use those up.

Blah blah blah, I'm awful talkative at 6AM.

1 comment:

Shawn and Charlena said...

I've wondered the same thing when Abby had a nightmare.