Monday, August 25, 2008

Sweet babies! and a moving update...

Klaus and I spent the night with Parker and Maysa. Maysa and I have been obsessively scrapbooking for about a week now and Klaus has been so wonderful. He is starting to laugh all the time now.. if you tickle him, make funny faces, toss him in the air.. he will just burst out in contagious laughter. He brings joy to everyone around him!

Klaus and Parker have bathtime! (the water is red because we were painting and Parker likes Lush baths just like we do!)




Maysa has been struggling with bills and rent just like we are. The economy here (there and everywhere) makes it very hard for us to get our feet underneath us. You all have been so kind and helpful but we yearn for a little more financial independence (I'm sure you all do as well!) and so we have decided to move in with Maysa, Parker, and Jeff into their house. The window of opportunity for us to move to St. Louis closed and we decided to stay here and pay off some bills and try and get a better second car before we make the trip. We are coming for Christmas and Klaus and I will be there into the New Year, so everyone will finally get to meet him and have plenty of time to soak up all the Baby Goodness. :)

So we are excited and nervous. Its hard to go from your own place to moving in with roomies, no matter how close you are. Maysa and her family have been so kind to us. Maysa cleaned my house and took care of me after the birth when Jim needed to be with Klaus. It is so nice to be with someone who shares the same parenting values that we do. Arizona is pretty progressive and accepting, and we are lucky to have AP friends.

We are hoping to do some container gardening so I can feed Klaus homegrown organic vegetables. He is ready for solids, but I'm not sure if I am ready for that leap! All of the major organizations say breastmilk is all he needs for the first year so I don't feel rushed at all. I want to make sure he is getting the best I can give him. Anyway I am doing some research on it and I'm going to try to make it to an Arizona gardening class in the next few weeks. I want to grow spinach and beets and herbs and dwarf trees. :)

As much as we would love to come to St. Louis, we will have to do it when the time is right. I am still working online and I hope to find something else I can do to raise money so that we can start visiting more often so that all of you don't miss out on this precious time in Klaus' life. Sometimes I think that the joy he brings me will fill me up to the point of explosion. I have to share it with you all to make sure I don't explode ;)

More pictures and updates as we have them. I miss you all. We will see you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dealers that I have contacted showed little to no interest in me due to lack of experience. I am going to take the time out here to go through my training again(and work full time through that..yay!) just so that the training that I do have is more up to date(there has been 3 new models released and the existing models have all had some pretty major improvements done to them) and saying that I graduated training in 2009 is much better than saying that I graduated in 2007. We are still hoping to be back there before it gets nasty here again(stay here through winter and spring and soon as temps start jumping up run for the hills) Moving with Maysa is going to save us so much more than staying in our current establishment and having to deal with our lovely apartment management staff(sarcasm was laid on pretty thick through here) We will be back for Christmas and then for good soon after ;)

The Atwood's said...

You learn as you have children to always do what's best for your family. It's so nice that you have dear friends and that you both can have the opportunity to help each other out.

Hope that we get the chance to see you all while you're hear for the holidays.

All our love. <3