A playing and standing Klaus (look a Care Bear!)
A Klausmas Tree
A locked-out-of-the-apartment-with-no-clothes-on-Klaus
A slightly warmer but-we-made-it-work Klaus.
The Christmas decorations are slowly coming down as the apartment starts to resemble a normal living area. We should have some sort of arrangement by next weekend that makes this place liveable. I try to keep up on chores while directing the putting-awaying of the second bedroom, but the floor is littered with clothes (some of which are not ours.. where'd they come from!?) and half-unpacked boxes. Still unsure of if I like this place or not. Part of me is wary and wants to keep everything packed, just in case we need to move again. I'm picky, but this place is cheap and its fine for what we need right now so hopefully soon I will relax and settle in. We're looking for an official babysitter to give us two nights a month off (or whatever we can afford on a month to month basis) now that Klaus is 1. consuming solids like a vacuum and 2. becoming more difficult. We've become "those parents" that bring "those damn kids" to restaurants at night. Klaus was throwing a fit on the way out of Pizzeria Uno the other day and someone not only sneered at us but cussed at the kid under her breath (!!!) and we were leaving, too. Hmph. It will be nice for Jim and I to work on "us" and have dinner once or twice a month without only conversing about how to keep the kid quiet, or admiring toys, or getting covered in sweet potato. Or worrying about the kid stealing the beer. Or all four at once while the waitress stares at us in woe. We've suddenly become 25% tippers on a regular basis, and they earn it.
The toy chest we bought is brimming with toys. I got him a sorting cube and he actually gets the concept- the toys go in the holes! Generally he tries to put them in the wrong holes, so he will like the whack-a-ball toy that should have been here yesterday. We've spent all the Xmas money buying even more toys before they become scarce in February due to new gov't regulations making it even harder to get decent toys. I'll update you all as they come. Jim and I have also gone out to eat a couple of times. I've lost a random 5 lb during the holidays and Jim refuses to look at the scale so I assume he gained it for me ;)
Jim has Klaus in the babyhawk and is procrastinating doing the dishes. He says hi.
No comments:
Post a Comment