Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
• Turns the pages of a book
• Has temper tantrums when frustrated
• Becomes attached to a soft toy or other object (we have, admittedly, discouraged this.)
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
• Discovers the joy of climbing
• Stacks three blocks
• Uses spoon or fork
• Learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g., the telephone)
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
• Takes off one piece of clothing by himself
• Gets finicky about food
• Switches from two naps to one
Sorry about the links, I'm lazy now.
The thing is, life with a toddler is a bit busier than that with an immobile infant. Klaus is still physically behind but not mentally at all. So no worries here.
He no longer likes to be carried of course, wants to run everywhere.. I find myself with baby fever now and again but its not bad enough to actually want another newborn! A girlfriend of mine is trying to conceive and I am hoping it happens quickly for her, both for her sanity and my baby fever. I love newborns.. when I can hand them back!
Klaus has been miserable with teeth, which is normal of course, but frustrating... he gets a week of break where he is his normal happy self then back to a month of screaming and chomping his hands and drooling everywhere. Poor thing. Poor us, too, we have become rather patient parents but sometimes he really tries us. We know it's not purposeful (most of the time) but it's upsetting nonetheless. Ahhh life with a toddler.
I know I've slacked off on the pictures. I'm sorry. They will happen when they happen. I have been very tired and ill off and on, so I'm doing my best. Will be sure to share new embarrassing bath pictures and photos of the new train table and such. Tired now, bedtime for everyone, thanks for reading.
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment