Monday, October 15, 2007

14 Weeks

Well, now I am officially in the second trimester for EVERY medical viewpoint EVER. It's so funny how that works.

We have been busy. I have been trying to stay as active as possibly still. We swim, and walk, and on weekends we really overdo it. My arms and thighs havent gotten larger, so I assume all my new weight is babe. Im up to 7-8lbs, it's all out front.

My midwife referred me to a holistic OB locally to do my bloodwork. I have been putting it off because I pass out when I get blood drawn.. now that I'm a bit further along it's less alarming. Going to an OB is cheaper than paying out of pocket for the lab, so off I go. I'm also going to ask if I can do my gender utlrasound there. If I can, I'll have it done in 4 weeks. If I can't, I'll be waiting for my midwife to come back from Belize and set up her free ultrasound day. That's in december, so like 7 weeks or so. Psh that seems like forever. I hope they'll just do it at the OBs center, or she can write up an order and I can go to one of the hospitals covered under my insurance. I'm impatient, what can I say??

I'm not a fan of a million ultrasounds so if this u/s shows a normal baby, but no gender- sorry folks, it will be a mystery to all of us until the day they come!

We have been busy trying to get things together to move. We want to move around June, it really depends on if our rent is going up. If it goes up, we will have to sign a 6 month as the month-to-month lease is much more expensive, and we will move around August or September. We'd like to come now, but I am not comfortable with the birth options in Missouri, so we're here until May at the earliest. We're selling everything that we don't need that can't fit into a storage bin- it's going really slowly, but we are making progress. I would love to keep my sofa set but I don't think it's going to be possible. The smaller the truck, the cheaper it will be. We are planning on selling the Beetle to pay for it all, so here's to hoping nothing happens to it between then and now.

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive emotionally and thanks to everyone who has sent us money :) I really really loathe having to ask for help money wise. I know we were hit with one thing after another with the cars and catching up from Jim going a few months without bonus but I still feel bad. So thank you, everyone, for making it painless and easy for us. Hopefully Jim will start pulling bonus again and we'll be okay!

I have another interview at Lush today as well. Today I have to ask about the wages, as I realized that unless I make $___ it won't be enough to pay for gas there (it's an hour away, and in rush hour which is unavoidable no matter what shift you take its at least a three hour drive in the city) and my oil changes etc. so if they are not paying enough I'm going to get a job at the mall right down the street at the maternity store. It will certainly be less money than lush but I'll save so much on gas and oil changes (and maternity clothes) that it would end up being the same. On the other hand, I would kill for a 50% discount at Lush... So I'm eager to see what happens today.

It's nice to dress up for once :) It's been a long time since I've had to wear a suit!

Jim has just been busy with work. Nothing exciting there. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving and seeing Heather <3 it will be nice to have some family around for the holiday. Sometimes you can just feel so isolated here.

Anyway, I added a baby pool button somewhere over there. Click and guess before the gender ultrasound ;) Winner gets bath bombs or soap or something. It will be good times.

No comments: