Sorry for the lack of updating, I have been busy at this job and we have been busy trying to figure out Jim's student loan.
And I am extremely tired all the time. I thought your energy was supposed to come back in the second trimester. Darn you baby books, you lie! I am much more exhausted than I ever was in the first trimester, but I'm glad I'm not nauseated anymore. There is so much to be done and no time to do it. Sometimes I feel like this pregnancy is going by so extremely fast and sometimes I am glad there is still time left so I can get this stuff done!
I have been looking for a changing table to put on the registry. I do want one, but I want one that's also a children's dresser.. WITH a lip on the top. When they are older, the lip will keep toys from falling off all the time. This has proven to be extremely difficult, we only found one that was set up this way at pottery barn and it was something crazy like $700 and the ugliest shade of green I've ever seen. So everyone keep their eyes peeled, and if you find one, call us or send us a link or something.
I've been trying to get that room cleared out so we can set it up as the "baby's room". Theres my sewing desk in there (not sure if thats staying or what) and our extra loveseat, and my old wood dresser set that I think will have to go. Then I can fit the changing table in there, and hopefully a glider. I don't know how they think these rooms are even big enough to be nurseries, there definitely isn't room in there for a crib (not that we're using one) and a wardrobe and all that crap they try to sell you. It's certainly not large enough to be a bedroom unless you put the dresser in the closet or you don't have one at all. We've just been using it for storage. We really need to get rid of most of the stuff in there though. One step at a time. I'll probably end up doing it all at once, like take a week off of work when I'm nesty and then just work until the day I go into labor. If I can. Let's hope, that would be great.
I think he's going through his 18-20w growth spurt. I'm starving all the time and craving fresh foods, eggs, etc.
Oh wait, I guess it's time to go to work. LOL
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
1 comment:
I think I've actually seen one of those dressers you are talking about, let me see if I can remember where it was I saw it.
We are just using our usual dresser for the change table. it flares out in the middle and is large enough to fit the mat plus 2 baskets of "stuff" on either side. and it also has a nice convenient handle to hang all my lovely cloth nappies in the hanger, once I've made it.
You'll be nesty, from 20 weeks, if you're anything like me, and I think you might be just a tad like me :)
Post a Comment