Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tostadas and a JOB!

Tonight I want to make tostadas. But I left my lettuce out and it wilted. I dont know how that happened. But man I would kill for some tostadas. When we lived in the apartment in MO we used to make tacos once a week, I would sit there and cook the meat and add the seasonings and then we'd put them together with the tomatoes and the lettuce at the table and they were awesome. I can't get myself to cook here, our kitchen is sad. It's really small, with bad lighting and fake wood cabinets that peel.

So me actually making something other than a chicken is a rarity. But I do want to make tostadas.

I'm the worst housewife ever, aren't I...

Well. I'm not a housewife anymore. I got the best job I could have ever asked for. It was worth turning down the job at Lush, and waiting, and seeing what plopped into my lap. I've learned that if you're just patient, the best things will happen. This was definitely worth it all.

It's a ... well, because this blog is public, I really can't divulge what exactly it is. You guys will have to call to get the details. It's a store, and it's right up my alley, and I can.. get this... bring a BREASTFEEDING BABY TO WORK! There are only two places here where you can do that, and I have been waiting for two years for one to open up. I was hired on the spot, and I start tomorrow.

The first 60? 90? Days are a trial basis but I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be brought on permanently. The pay isn't a lot, but its a LOT more than I expected it to be, and what with not having to worry about daycare (Which, by the way, I wouldn't be willing to do) or trading time off with Jim for the baby, its like a goldmine.

I am more than excited about this job. Not only is it a niche I fit perfectly into, but it will help time go faster and I can bring the baby! It's just all sorts of good things. Worthy of true celebration.

Worthy of tostadas.

No comments: