Our thanksgiving was pretty funny. We started cooking at 5 because I didn't have a roasting pan or a car to get one, so when Jim got home we had to rush out. We finally ate at 9:30, stripped the bird, and went immediately to bed. We didn't even finish the movie we started.
But it was good, and leftovers are my favorite thing in the world.
Oh I just realized that last night I made cranberry sauce, stuck it in the fridge, and didn't eat a bite of it. I kept asking Jim "What's missing?" and neither of us could figure it out. What a bummer, no wonder something felt wrong! I'm going to make myself a turkey and cranberry sandwich/burrito (might be out of bread) when I'm done writing this.
I am, unfortunately, extremely hormonal this week. I have been unbearable to be around. It's not even endearing in an "Awee, she's pregnant, look how honked off she is! So cuuute!" way, it's like an "Oh my god, she's coming, quick leave the room!" way. I literally beat the ever loving crap out of my freezer last night because my perfectly-stacked food kept falling out for no apparent reason. Jim stood there and stared at me like I had grown three heads as I threw an all-out temper tantrum in the kitchen.
It was, after all, past my bedtime.
The Baby has been moving like crazy as well, with only a few hours of rest time. I still think he's going through a growth spurt, I'm growing and he's growing and I have found that wearing non-maternity shirts is getting extremely uncomfortable. Even tee shirts are hugging too tight, and they don't even cover my belly anyway. People are asking me when I'm due and what I'm having, and being in an environment where everyone else is pregnant too makes me really happy. We can lament and share name ideas and I get paid for it.
Plus I'm surrounded by baby things and it's hard not to spend ANY of my paycheck on baby things. Every time someone looks at the diaper bags at work I hold my breath because there is one there that I love that I don't want someone else to buy. I check to make sure its there every time I walk into work. I wish I had a million dollars so I could just get the dumb thing... but it costs more than my freakin' designer purse and I can't justify paying that for a diaper bag no matter how freakishly perfect it actually is. I finally stuck it on the registry at the request of both my mother and my boss. They insist people like spending $150 on diaper bags. In the meantime I always watch at Babies R Us for the one I like to go on sale. The one thing I didn't foresee with using cloth diapers was that you really do need a GIANT diaper bag because they are bulkier than disposables. If you have ever shopped for a giant accessory of some sort, you know my dismay! Giant things are rarely attractive.
I spend most of my days scouring the internet for more things to put on my registry. I thought it was full, but everyone who looks at it tells me to add more. Boy things are really tough to find! I don't like blue in mass quantities so I try to find green or cream or black. If you all have seen anything unbearably cute let me know, I am clueless as to what else to stick on there since I already asked for everything I need. Only like 2 months until this baby shower!! I'm feeling the rush, LOL
But Im excited. I think I look forward to the baby shower more than anything these days. You really can't beat a flight home to see friends and family who are missing from your life so many days of the year... good food... celebrating a new person joining us. Really I could care less about the gifts I'm just so homesick most of the time that three/four whole days with everyone just seems like heaven. And I get to have Pasta House and Panera and Imo's. If you've never left home for more than 6 months at a time, you don't realize how much you miss local food, even if it isn't so great... but especially if a certain nameless pirate child has you starving 24/7 and nothing sounds good anymore! I would kill for some Pasta house rolls, house salad, and toasted ravioli or fettucini. Its like they dont make toasted ravioli out here, seriously, not even frozen. We even have a nice (cheap!) Italian place nearby that will make you olive and artichoke fettucine but you can just forget about the toasted ravioli.
Okay now I'm just hungry... I'm going in for that turkey and cranberry burrito now.
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
2 comments:
Can't wait for you to visit! I'm here! LOVED the ultrasound pics! WOW WHAT A KICKER! Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, we were all thinking of you, and missing you both!
-tap tap-....half way there pics anytime now. kthx.
Post a Comment