Friday, April 25, 2008

I just don't understand...

..why the karma train has hit us.

I can't help but be scared and angry right now. My son is stretched out on a warming bed with a machine doing his breathing. He's unconscious and pale and just not my wide-eyed sweet little baby...

He has a pretty severe case of RSV. Its like the most common childhood illness ever but has just hit him like a mack truck. He's in worse shape now than he ever was in the NICU and I just don't know what to do with myself. I can emotionally step back from the situation but I don't know for how long.

I just feel so bad for him. He's had such a rough start, and now this. I just want him to be able to be a happy little normal baby. We aren't sure how long he will be there.

On top of all of it Jim needs to push up his surgery. He has had a nose bleed for two days and they say he will bleed until he has it so we are trying to figure out how this will all work. Wish us luck.

Thank you everyone who has sent gifts recently. I will not be able to get out thank you notes, but we will try to call if all of this blows over. I'm so sorry, but please know how thankful we are.

No comments: