Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Three Weeks


Where to begin this update.

That picture was taken at Parker's birthday party. I'm glad Maysa got this great shot of him because our camera has been awful and I haven't gotten ANY good shots of him!

We have been venturing out. IKEA, malls, Wildflower, restaurants, friends houses. Night time is the hardest still, I'm weaning myself from my mom and Jim as much as possible. In a few days I will be taking care of him myself (now they hold him for a few hours so I can get some deep sleep alone). Breastfeeding has been going so much better and I think this was really my setback. So many times I wanted to just give up and start pumping instead of breastfeeding but I just thought about how much I would miss out on doing that, and I didn't want to miss out on any more. So I pushed through the cracked boobs and weaning from the shield and now things are going so much better. I actually nursed him on my side, half-asleep, in bed last night. Thats a big deal to me. My last hurdle is learning to nurse discreetly in public without requiring someone to hold a blanket up for me LOL that will come with time I think.

We are still in disposable diapers at night as I just haven't gotten it down.. and Jim hasn't been instructed on them yet. We've had a few blowouts but practice makes perfect I suppose so on we trudge with those. I just feel better when he's in cloth.

Baywearing is working too. He LOVES the Moby but it is so hot. He loves being so warm but I still hate being hot so I can only wear him that way for a few hours. I bought a ring sling but need to try it on my good shoulder as my bad shoulder is acting up again, I think I tore something. That one is a lot lighter and he likes it but we have only had it for a day so we will need some time with that too.

All a learning process. I'm back to my prepregnancy weight already but still getting used to my new body. Healing from a fourth degree tear is miserable and I have just now come out of the oxycodone fog that I have lived in for the past three weeks. I still need to take a max dose of motrin just to walk around for a few hours.

But its getting better. Every day.

1 comment:

imfrmars said...

Hang in there, you are doing great! :)Love to all