Monday, September 17, 2007

Ten Weeks

Ten weeks! That seems like so much already. I've started feeling better, I'm usually okay until the end of the day. I'm finally able to eat better foods. It's amazing that I didn't gain any weight despite the crap I was eating, I guess it got mostly metabolized. That's really something. Nothing fits anymore though, ha. I go out in pajama pants, and I don't think Phoenix ever went through a pajamas-are-cool-to-wear-in-public phase like St. Louis did, because they look at me like I'm a total fruitcake. I need to get some maternity pants, but they are all hideous. I wear a Bella Band with my normal pants. That won't work for much longer.

Friday we borrowed a friends doppler and I found the heartbeat right where I've been feeling bumps and flutters, at 180 BPM right on target. I'll upload the sound later so you all can hear it on the blog. We had to take it with the phone so it's pretty quiet but it's a really strong little heartbeat and really neat to hear. So I was right, I have been feeling her move. A lot of women in my due date club have been feeling the same things, distinct little thumps, definitely not gas so I guess I'm not just crazy. It will be really neat when she's bigger!

Click here for the heartbeat!
It doesn't work for me, but maybe it will work for ya'll

My first midwife appointment is on the 28th (I think). Not sure what we'll do there, I'm scared she will look in my cabinets and see all my leftover junk. I even have captain crunch in my house, how sad is that... now that I'm feeling a bit better I will be able to go grocery shopping and we won't have to go day to day and order takeout all the time. I want to make a bunch of soup and freeze it so I have something nutritious and homemade that I can heat up quickly for those in-between meals that I have to have (or someone will get hurt). My freezer is full of pizza. I don't think I can eat pizza ever again.. poor Jim has been eating it, he thinks he's gaining sympathy weight from eating all the crap I've been eating.

I'm pretty sure I have a job next month if I can get this Beetle sold and get something I can drive. That will be fun, we can save up for the move and get what we need still. We've been doing good getting clothes, I've gotten a few diapers and I'm making my wipe stash and blankets right now. It's all really exciting and bizarre.

2 comments:

mitch said...

WOW!!! - The sound track is amazing! I guess the bean really is a fetus! Thanks for keeping us posted. Love to Jim, Anna, and the grandbaby.
Mitch

TheMuellersMonitorBabyMetzger said...

Hello there, Grandpa Mitch! Wow, that is amazing, I got to hear the heartbeat this time, yay! And by gosh, we heard your heartbeat, fast and early, DR Catus let us hear Emily's at 8 weeks, and you both were strong and fast. She predicted Emily's sex based on that heart beat :) A girl would be a lot of fun, and oh my...I still have a lot of YOUR baby clothes (that's so sad...why do I pack rat like that???) Anyway, thanks for keeping this active for all of us, get lots of rest, eat your spinach, and take a lot of walks :) Hugs to all!

NammaNams (still trying on GRANDMOTHER names...*shudder*)