<----- That ticker is bugging me, at this point the fetus is 2 inches or close to it and gains at least half an inch every week from now on. An inch is a lot in this part of the game!
We officially have half the diaper stash we need. Which is awesome, a giant sigh of relief. I have this obsession with wanting to buy the most important things myself so there isn't a giant mixup in the last few weeks that has to be corrected, and the cloth diapers are definitely the most important thing and the largest expense.
Last christmas I dyed a bunch of prefolds to sell, prefold rainbows are "hot" right now in the big bad world of cloth diapers and I was going to get in on it. I got lazy and never washed them, so they sat in the closet until now when we hauled them out, washed them, and dried them. I'll take a picture before I put them in the baby's ever-expanding tupperware storage thing. They turned out really really gorgeous, and I'm glad I have them for myself. They will probably take out a good chunk of my newborn stash, which will be entirely different and separate from my infant-toddler stash unless this baby is born over 8lbs (which I would love, I'm aiming for 9lbs) but will work when we are washing the fancy schmancy pockets. Jim really gets a kick out of how easy the pockets are to use, they are just like disposables.
I also bought another set of maternity pants. I can't wear my normal pants anymore and I only have one that I haven't turned into maternity pants (I never had many jeans to start with) so I put that pair away since it's stretchy and will be my goal-pants after this kidlet shows up. It's kind of sad to put your nice pants and dress shirts away, esp. when there is so little left over. Thankfully empire waists are in style and abundant so I won't need maternity shirts for a while yet.
It's finally nice enough here to be able to go for a walk without fainting. The belly I don't mind but the pancake butt can definitely go. By the time Jim gets home I'm too tired so I'm going to start walking in the mornings by myself, and we walk several miles on the weekends just because we pack a weeks worth of stuff into those two days. We haven't had success selling the beetle. I'm getting honked off about it because I'm about to miss my opportunity to get a job, and I could really use the peace-of-mind money.
We actually were able to make a whole meal (chicken, pasta, peas) without gagging. Sure, the chicken was a rotisserie model from the grocery store, but hey... we were happy to not just have waffles or cereal for once. I still have a LOT of food aversions and eating is still a pain, but its gotten a million times better.
I have a midwife appointment this weekend, we are going to listen to the heartbeat one last time until the very end (I won't need it anyway, I'll feel her moving pretty distinctly soon since I already feel thumps and squirms this early.. again, not gas, I have a PhD in gas right now) and discuss the gender/anatomical ultrasound, which I do want to have. Not sure what else we'll do, guess I'll see then!
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
1 comment:
That's cool that you dyed your prefolds. They sound pretty. I could never get them to work for me, but I didn't start with cloth until my baby was nearly 6 months old, and I couldn't get her to be still during diaper change time, while trying to learn how to do prefolds..
Maybe with my next newborn, I'll be able to figure it out.
Post a Comment