Not much to write, just sick most of the time. Yesterday and today I got a "pocket" of a few hours when I was okay and actually managed to get down something that wasn't pizza, thank god. I had some salad and shrimp and felt much better, but soon after felt like crap again. Today I had some whole wheat waffles with local honey and now am back to feeling like crap. A lot of women peak at 8 weeks and start to feel better soon after, I'm getting pretty close to 8 weeks and this just might be my morning sickness decreasing early. I'll take it!
I'll be happy to be able to enjoy food again. It seems like Ive been forcing down food for weeks now, none of it has been healthy and being heavily interested in nutrition (and food in general lol) it's been hell for me. I had to just relax and let myself eat what I had to eat, but if this is the start of being able to eat a little better I'll feel much better about myself. I haven't gained any weight yet but I have a gut so I'm sure I'm losing muscle. As soon as I feel better my jiggly butt will be taking advantage of my free yoga classes. Jim seems to want to get into better shape, I swear no matter how carefully I plan his meals he stays at his same weight and he's unhappy with it so he's been swimming and stuff, I'd love to join him but I don't think anyone would appreciate me barfing in the pool.
As my mother says, "this too shall pass" lol, I'll just be happy if it passes faster. I look forward to feeling human again. And I look forward to going back to my salads that I love so much. We both really adore these cranberry and walnut spinach salads with raspberry dressing. I can't have feta in it anymore but hey, that's alright. Mmm.
I'll never eat pizza again, ugh.
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
1 comment:
Yes, morning sickness is the bain of all pregnant women. When I was pregnant with Jim, I was working so much and was so stressed with my father's illness that I actually thought that I had an ulcer. I found relief from the symptoms by bike riding and Maalox! I didn't realize that I was even pregnant until ~5 months.
It seems that you have to find the protein or carb that is most agreeable to staying down, schedule regular exercise periods and walks after dinner and wait until it all settles down by the end of the first tri.
Post a Comment