Happy derby day by the way. I LOVE the Three Chimneys commercials!
Yesterday Klaus didn't sleep all day again. He maybe got two hour long naps, MAYBE. Last night Jim let me have "the night off". I left at about 8pm after making sure they were settled in. I got home, drew my first bath with Lush stuff since I had the baby (Sunnyside!), and had a glass of wine. True to clumsy form I ended up dumping the glass of wine in the bath and ruining it but it was great while it lasted. Maysa and I were going to go out for a margarita but I didn't last that long. I curled up in bed with a book and fell asleep and got - hallelujah- 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep before Jim texted me saying Klaus had started refusing bottles and that he didn't feel well. So at 4 AM I bundled up and drove back, fed the baby, and got ANOTHER two hours of restful sleep. Fed him again, and he's asleep again! Had pancakes, eggs, bacon and tea for breakfast.. in peace.
I. Feel. Amazing.
Jim went home to get a few hours rest and then he will come back up. Maybe someone will watch Klaus (if he keeps sleeping) later while Jim and I run out for a bite and some supplies. He has been home most of the time and we really haven't spent any time together in about two weeks.
Woo.
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
1 comment:
I am SO glad that you are catching up on some sleep. It is most important to have charged batteries. If you would really like 2 glasses of iced tea, try ordering a cup of hot tea and a large class of ice...Dump it in and woot (as Jim would say!)... Iced tea! Keep thinking mother's day buffet at Rock Bottom.. It might even make the hospital fair sound good!
Love,
Mom and Tom
Post a Comment