Last night we moved to the pediatric floor. This generally sucks, as I'm living in a recliner. My tear is sore again and my tailbone feels deflected from the nursing chair I was using in the PICU and this chair isn't helping. My shoulder is out of place again and the muscle has tore, so I'm keeping lynamint on it.We also have a case of thrush, which is basically a yeast infection. Klaus has a painful rash on his little tush and I have it in my nipples as a result. When we nurse, it feels like I have a scalding hot iron branding my nipples from the inside, and shooting stabbing pains radiating backward. It feels like it never ends, we have had such a hard time nursing.. using the shield, then weaning off of it, then a painful plugged duct (thank god it didn't turn into mastitis), and now thrush. I keep going. I can't imagine stopping, I feel like even though it's been rough its totally worth it to give him the best I can give him. Someday, it will be easy again.
My childbirth class instructor came to visit me last night, brought me some awesome treats and kept me company. I'm lonely here without Jim or my friends and it was great to have some adult interaction. We talked about my birth and the reunion class. Our class is also being featured on television and I really hope we get to go to that. It would be REALLY great if we could take Klaus, I would love to share him with the class.
Oh he wants me.
Edit: The pediatrician here says we have about a week left. He said I'm doing everything right and to keep going and we will just wean him off the oxygen slowly.
I feel so bad for the woman next to me in the room. She is always crying.
lets see if i can nurse and type. multitasking at its finest. he is getting so big, he can hold his head up so well now. He tries to look around and smile. His little personality is coming through. He seems like such a content little love. I know he misses his daddy.
Well we are apparently going to have a nursing marathon today. He will bring my supply back up. I think he is just looking for an excuse to be close to me after so long being in the isolette, and I am more than happy to snuggle :)
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
1 comment:
breastfeeding = love
can you imagine propping a bottle up and letting them hold it while you...watch tv?
good for you :) it'll get better, trust me. he'll be nursing like a pro in no time. <3
Post a Comment