Monday, March 10, 2008

35 weeks.

We have been "cleared for landing". Our midwife feels the baby is over 6 pounds and is confident we can do a homebirth from now on out. I don't think he's coming anytime soon but it's nice to hear that we are in the safe zone. Everything looked great at the visit, he sounds healthy and wonderful.

I, however, look like a giant. I am not even going to post a belly picture this week. Jim thinks I am Anna the Hutt and I feel just as heavy and mucousy. We both have allergies running amok and we have just tried to stay quiet.

We finally got our King Bed (Thanks to cash donations at the shower!!!). It's HUGE. Its like an endless sea of fluff and blankets and pillows. I don't think I could be any happier about it. I'll have to take a picture, it's monstrous.

I put the full bed into the baby's room so that Jim has a place to sleep (he is going in for surgery soon on his sinuses, he snores so loud I can't sleep and he has been on the couch for a long time.. this will be more comfortable), and my mom will have a place to sleep when she comes.


We are making the final touches on the baby's room, as you can see. On the ground is a bouncer given to us by the couple who sold us our washing machine (also thanks to cash donations!), we haven't found a place for it yet. Then above that is the hamper, and behind that is the changing table. My diaper pail is next to it, and we hung the organizer up on the wall right there and its just perfect. In it (top to bottom) is... 1. Huggies and disposable diaper stuff we got as samples, 2. All of his clutching toys (totally organic/lead free!), 3. Socks and babylegs 4. I... don't know. Bibs and hats I think, 5. cloth wipes. Next to the pail is costco toilet paper, which belongs in the closet but didn't quite make it there... then the glider and the ottoman folded up so I can GET to said closet... the baby bucket on top of that. We have to install that sometime this week, I got my car washed so that I could and then Jim took off with it today. Ugh.



Riley tried to help me figure out what to do with all my baskets.

He's so sweet.

A lot of people are still asking if we need anything. We don't need anything that we can think of, but gift certificates and especially Amex gift cards will help make things easier when Jim goes on paternity leave. He doesn't have very long to stay with us, only about a week, so if you are really wanting to get us a gift, those things are much appreciated! He will be able to stay longer. Other than that we are totally set and now able to just sit back and relax.

1 comment:

TheMuellersMonitorBabyMetzger said...

It's really come FAR since the first pictures! It looks terrific :)

Hang in there Jim, I know you're feeling poorly prior to the operation, and what a time to have to have it! I sure hope it brings you lots of relief, we'll be lighting candles for you and sending lots of love for a speedy recovery!